Annual reviews on TV are starting in early December now, as if the year had 11 months only. Some publishers start their “best of ….” lists already in September or October of any given year.
But your government is out to beat all this. Tom Schneier points us to “Blogger Bob” of the TSA.
Yes, the stupid TSA has its own stupid blog, and the even more – wait for it – stupid author calls himself Blogger Bob.
That alone is childish enough. But it gets better.
Blogger Bob was idiotic enough to publish a Best of 2011 list.
The 10 most dangerous things detected and confiscated by the TSA in 2011.
He therefore receives an honorable Idiot of the Day medal from diablog.
Now, let’s see what the government detected while blowing 1.2 Billion US Dollars:
10) Snakes, turtles, and birds were found at Miami (MIA) and Los Angeles (LAX). I’m just happy there weren’t any lions, tigers, and bears…
9) A science project shut down a checkpoint at Omaha (OMA). I wonder if mentioning the shutting down of the checkpoint added enough flare to his presentation to score him some bonus points?
8) An artfully concealed non-metallic martial arts weapon called a “Tactical Spike” was found in the sock of a passenger at Pensacola (PNS) after being screened by a body scanner. The only thing I keep in my sock is my foot.
7) Inert landmines were found at Salt Lake City (SLC). I always travel with mine, don’t you???
6) A stun gun disguised as a smart phone was found at Los Angeles (LAX). Not very smart to travel with this stunning device.
5) A flare gun with seven flares was found in a passenger’s carry-on bag at Norfolk (ORF). Hmmm… pressurized cabin + 7 live flares = no good can come from this.
4) Two throwing knives concealed in hollowed out book were found at Washington National (DCA). Killer book…
3) Over 1,200 firearms were discovered at TSA checkpoints across the nation in 2011. Many guns are found loaded with rounds in the chamber. Most passengers simply state they forgot they had a gun in their bag.
2) A loaded .380 pistol was found strapped to passenger’s ankle with the body scanner at Detroit (DTW). You guessed it, he forgot it was there…
1) Small chunks of C4 explosives were found in passenger’s checked luggage in Yuma (YUM). Believe it or not, he was brining it home to show his family.
Oh, Blogger Bob, how funny you and your comments are, hilarious!
I just wonder why Blogger Bob did not list all the guns TSA did not find in many of the tests. Or the ridiculous confiscations like cupcakes, teenager purses and plastic toys.
The TSA confiscating plastic toy light sabers, now that is entertaining.
We blow 1.2 Billion for the TSA to find some fish. Aren’t you being entertained?