Students entering college this fall in the Class of 2018…
1. During their initial weeks of kindergarten, they were upset by endlessly repeated images of planes blasting into the World Trade Center.
4. When they see wire-rimmed glasses, they think Harry Potter, not John Lennon.
5. “Press pound” on the phone is now translated as “hit hashtag.”
6. Celebrity “selfies” are far cooler than autographs.
7. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart has always been the only news program that really “gets it right.”
11. The water cooler is no longer the workplace social center; it’s the place to fill your water bottle.
23. Hello Dolly…cloning has always been a fact, not science fiction.
30. There has always been “TV” designed to be watched exclusively on the web.
35. Yet another blessing of digital technology: They have never had to hide their dirty magazines under the bed.
38. Attending schools outside their neighborhoods, they gather with friends on Skype, not in their local park.
45. One route to pregnancy has always been through frozen eggs.
48. “Salon” has always been an online magazine.
53. “Good feedback” means getting 30 likes on your last Facebook post in a single afternoon.
For the complete list go to: http://www.beloit.edu/mindset/2018/