The Brexit Express is heading for the station and, sadly, the vote gets closer. Sadly because I enjoy more and more the utter bollocks being talked about as ‘being relevant’ and in particular the load of tosh from the Stay side – amply illustrated by Engine Room here.
So, it is getting very close to decision time and –
I had intended to write a series of 3 posts – one for in, one for out and one to compare and balance my OUT, OUT, OUT.
What the EC has become is not what we voted for in 1975. Free trade area YES, political union NO – never.
On reflection, however, I decided it was pointless. Who cares what I think? Who reads diablog that it might change their mind? The world around me is full of wanker breast beating touchy feely arseholes who couldn’t decide whether to pull out a splinter from their thumb in case it infringed the Rights of Thorns.
Maybe it is me who is the wanker. Maybe using a whistle in the school playground is ‘aggressive’, maybe the gagging of freedom of opinion in British universities is a good thing, maybe the USA isn’t (politically) a shit hole of a nation populated by ignorant warmongers – maybe I should learn to love my fellow man.
Naaah – they stink, I’ll stick to women.
So, what to do. I feel I must write something but there’s too much to say.
Pictures speak a thousand words so any one who wants In…
…has their head in a dark place
Stick with it Glynsky, just give them a bunch of unrelated opinions/conclusions and get it off your chest.
- Fact: The European Union is tottering and probably doomed, so get out now and save time and money. Schengen is collapsing, the EC economy is the world’s most sluggish (oh, forgot Eritrea), the Euro doesn’t work, all the nations are in thrall to (as opposed to challenging) the US, and the internal tensions caused by later applicants are ripping it open. Worse still, thanks to Blair and Bush, it is under siege. It has become overblown, sluggish, uninspiring and, in certain areas, ineffective. THERE IS NO ADVANTAGE – REPEAT ADVANTAGE (as opposed to reason) – to staying in bar that it has achieved 70+ years of no Western European war, I think the longest time EVER.
- I honestly, and sadly, believe that Brexit is but an illusion. We will waste our only (last??) chance to actually do something about an overblown, wasteful, arrogant Franco German vanity – which we all know in our heart of hearts cannot be changed from either within or without.
- We will stay because the under 50’s (the flaky generation) have no understanding of what the EU has done/is doing to their lives –
- Not wanting to know –
- They (the under 50’s) appear to have no gumption, get up and go or self belief of life without the EC. They cannot imagine it so just prefer to be ‘safe’ and not change.
- The one non issue in all this is immigration. I have never heard so much rubbish talked about one subject in my life before. It’s a fact – get on with it, although there are side issues to which I may allude but which have absolutely nothing to do with –
- Supporting a corrupt, totalitarian, unelected (and unelectable) junta making fatuous undemocratic decisions to suit the whims of a totally out of control (financially) monolith that has achieved very very little of true worth when compared to its expenditure.
- Then there is the theory that the rich nations at the centre use ‘freedom of movement’ to suck in the labour of the poorer ‘fringe’ economies to keep their own costs down. No Brit picks fruit – it is cheaper to employ Eastern Europeans which keeps down wages and thus dissuades ‘locals’ from the market. At the right price anyone would do it.
- I work across Europe and have family all over – and all, without exception, wish Brexit well; even to the point of envy!
- The EU only favours big business and, due to its size and cumbersomeness (I wonder if that is a word??) cannot understand the view of a nation of shopkeepers – who once liberated them! And the good thing about Hitler (a cousin told me) was at least you knew who and what he was. This lot duck in and out and are a perpetually hermaphrodite reproducing amoeba – no accountability.
- Where’s the bulldog gone? ER (and Obama, the SNP et al) spends paras on how ineffective/useless/unable to exist without the EU little Team GB is – what does he know? Ustinov, The Mouse That Roared – we gave you Kitchener, Cornish pasties, Mr Crapper’s flushing toilets and Tarmac. We can do it all again – without Krauts or Frogs – the rest are toast anyway.
In passing, on last nights news, a snotty 22 year old trainee teacher told a pensioner “as I have longer to live than you my rights are greater (please god the bus comes round the corner – NOW)”, followed by the amazing ” leaving the EC would stop me getting a job abroad!!!!”
In which case, G+P say fuck off abroad and don’t affect our vote.
Yours, diablog, cynically